An accident at work * is often labeled as an incident either during work on the shop floor or in the office or kitchen that leads to harm. Personal injury claims * for workplace injury happen when a worker or manager can prove that the work injury was a result of the negligence of their company to provide them an environment that is safe to work in.
An accident at work * happens for the following reasons
- Insufficient training for the task being performed
- No training at all for the task being performed
- Faulty equipment or machines
- A Health and Safety reason
If unfortunately you are the victim of an accident at work * here is a list of what you need to do;
- Keep a diary or a journal of the sequence of events of the accident at work * as they happened as there may be many things that you might have forgotten in the fullness of time.
- It is very important that you let the person that you know that you have suffered an You must inform that person of the cause of both the accident and the injuries that you have suffered. You must note down immediately the details of the accident before talking to anybody about the accident. Take a photocopy of the accident log or get a receipt as confirmation that you have reported the accident. Try and get your boss or manager to accept liability for the accident.
- Go to your GP or the local A&E as quickly as possible as not only is your well being very important but you will need their report for your personal injury claim *.
- Use your mobile phone if you can to take photos of the place of the accident and the various and the broken or defective tool involved in the accident and also of any broken bones or damage from the work
- Sometimes the workplace has CCTV which may prove useful.
- Often in the workplace there are witnesses to accidents, take their personal contact details and a written statement from any on how and why the accident happened
- Any loss of earnings because of the accident must be noted down. Remember in Ireland there is no statutory obligation for an employer to pay you for the time you were absent due to a work injury.
- Never and I mean never admit that the accident was caused by your fault. Do not sign or agree a statement that you were the cause or partly responsible for the accident. If you are being bullied into admitting it was your fault seek legal advice from a personal injury solicitor immediately.
When your accident at work * claim is in safe hands with your personal injury solicitor, focus on regaining your health and fitness.